Friday, November 12, 2010

Twirl Skort in Alexander Henry Apples





Just thought I'd share my opinion on this little pattern...
It's the Twirl Skort by Sew Sensible and it is definitely awesome.
My daughter (sadly) hates dresses.
She'll wear them only when it's "dress time" - like church (or any other event I can convince her is a dress only place to go).
So this is some perfect middle ground for her.
She loves the hiding shorts under the apples.
They look more like a second skirt layer which makes me happy too.
And I don't have to tell her all day that no one needs to see her princess panties... :o/
I really do have to tell her that a lot in dresses and skirts.
So I think I'll also make some of these with just the shorts so that she can wear them under other dresses and skirts.
Maybe she'll even decide she like dresses then!

I also made a matching apple appliqued t-shirt to match. And she looks so stinkin' cute that we had to take photos (all morning in this perfect 72 degree weather).
It's an Alexander Henry fabric... with a coordinating brown dot fabric (Tweet Tweet by Keiki for Moda).

No comments:

Post a Comment