Monday, March 28, 2011

Lemon Meringue


Invisible zipper...

Yellow and white tiny polka dots...



Yellow and white striped knit pants...

Blue skirt...

Green and white polka dot ribbon...



Applique lemons...



Applique lemon pockets...

Polka dot blue and green ribbon bow...


The whole thing...


A friend asked me to make this for her daughter... based on the Lemon Meringue character in Strawberry Shortcake.


What a fun challenge!


I have a strange desire to put lemon pockets on everything now too.

I mean seriously - those things are cute!



The manufacturing of zippered clothing has definitely improved in the last few years. I've actually gotten to the point that I can just do it and not dread it! Ha!


More to post tomorrow - my light went away...


Yes, I personally own rights to the sun.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Crystal! I love it! Especially those lemon pockets! Eee! I'm having visions of tea parties with gigantic lemon slices. Where did you get the yellow striped knit? I'm right now limited to whichever characters (from the SS books) have green-and-white striped pants, which is all I can find, but I am dying to make Orange Blossom's suit, and now, Lemon Meringue too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog when I was searching for a costume for my daughter. She wants to be Lemon Meringue for halloween. I'm wanting to make a costume and this is exactly what I've been looking for. :) Do you have a patten for this super cute outfit? Thanks so much! Melissa Warner melissa (dot) warner (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another person to say this is exactly what I've been looking for! My toddler wants to be Lemon Meringue for Halloween. I'm planning to modify Leila & Ben's Sweet Little Dress pattern to make the dress, but I couldn't think of how to incorporate the skirt. Excellent! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete