Thursday, November 17, 2011

A gift and another advent calendar

My very wonderful awesome friend had a baby boy about a month ago and it took me (sadly) this long to get her a present... 
and of course I had to make it. :) 
I was thinking of the Thimble blossoms "Swoon" block but my internet was down and I couldn't get it... 
Never to be slowed in the groove, this is what I came up with in the heat of the moment. 
I found it surprisingly similar from memory. 



But this minkee fabric for the backing!! 
I about died when I spotted this at quilt market and HAD to have it just for this purpose. 
Quilting it was dreamy too. 
Love. 
It very much made me want to keep it.
I hope she liked it just as much!

I also had a request for a custom advent calendar with loops and buttons. 
I really liked how it turned out so I thought I'd share. 
I love it when others give me more ideas!! 




And I HAD to post this photo of my darling husband who was ever so willing to help me take a picture of it tonight.
You'd never know from the picture that he really didn't act how his expression implies he should have!
You definitely can't think of having a merry Christmas with that Scrooge face looking at you. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww bless your guy!
    I have an admission to make...If I had been the one making that baby quilt I would have kept it! It's beautiful and I hope there is a happy baby all snuggled up in it :)

    ReplyDelete