Saturday, August 4, 2012

Vintage Modern

I made another orange peel Sashiko circles quilt this time in Vintage Modern by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.

If you want one too, you can download the free pattern on my blog in the right side column.



I decided to make this pattern with the charm pack I bought after I flipped through it and saw this backing fabric. :)


Applique makes me happy.



Favorite fabric in this line was the red on pink houndstooth print. 
I bought some yardage of it for a future dress for the little princess. 
Better get started on those projects too.
I would love to know if there ever was a quilter who finished ALL of their projects!

In the shop.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to everyone else, but I snapped this up from your shop right away. I love Vintage Modern and an a loyal follower of your blog. Perfect quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were quick Debra! What a beautiful quilt!! I do not see a link on your sidebar for a free pattern. I don't see a sidebar on your blog at all. :S What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Crystal, I just made this quilt, but I am at a loss as to how to quilt it. Did you just quilt in the white areas?

    Thanks!!

    Ansje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Special thanks to Debra. I hope you enjoying your new friend!

    The sidebar should have it in the Max and Whiskers fabric?

    I quilted the white and outlined the orange peel shapes. It makes ALL the difference to quilt in the ditch around applique shapes. Thanks so much! I'm so glad you made one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt! I've been working up the gumption to try an orange peel quilt. Thanks so much for providing the applique template!

    ReplyDelete